Moving is something that everyone should try to stay on top of. When things are unorganized, it could lead to lost items, damages, and even more obstacles than you have time for. Even with movers involved, it is imperative to stay organized. The best way to do this is by keeping a checklist so that you can cross things off as they are accomplished. It will help you to stay on task during the relocation process.
Your Checklist Should Include:
- Find a reputable mover with the right services for your moving type.
- Start packing at least five weeks before the scheduled moving date.
- Find a babysitter for any children or pets on the day of the move.
- Start job, medical, school, and utility transfers.
- Buy all of the proper packaging materials.
- Pull cash out for the moving day.
- Plan a garage sale.
- Get rid of any hazardous items lying around the home.
- Clean the house and make sure all entryways are clean for the movers.
- Obtain a parking permit from the city if the movers must park on public property.
- Change your address with the post office.
- Cancel or transfer subscriptions.
- Pack all your valuables and essential documents together to move them with you during the transport.
- Notify your family, friends, and peers of the move.
- Purchase water and snacks for the movers if you have the money to spare.
- Donate any items you do not wish to bring along.
Your moving checklist can include anything and everything you would like it to. Make it as detailed as you want because it will only help you stay on top of matters regarding the move. You will not wish to forget many things, especially if you are moving a far distance from where you are now in the Bay Area.