Preparing for moving day is one of the most important things that you can do on your end of the moving process. Even though it takes time out of your schedule, it will only make the moving process easier on all of those involved, including yourself. To avoid lost or damaged goods, or any issues at all, hire a reliable moving company for the job and immediately start preparing.
- Make a checklist. Refer to this list daily and cross of everything that you have gotten accomplished as you near the big day. The list can include anything and everything in regards to the moving process.
- Create a list of inventory. This can be per individual piece or a box count and furniture count. Whatever is easiest for you and what you feel most comfortable with doing.
- Have everything packed up and ready to go by the day of the scheduled move. Make sure every box is labeled clearly.
- Clean the house and make sure all entryways and pathways are free from clutter so that the movers aren’t presented with any obstacles.
- Make sure there is somewhere for the movers to park within close vicinity, preferably right next to the entrance. If they must park in the street or on public property, you may need a parking permit from the city.
- Have a babysitter prepared for moving day if you have any children or pets.
- Have cash on hand.
- Buy water and snacks for the movers if you have the means to do so. This will lift morale and help them to work more efficiently.
- Have extra packing supplies ready just in case a box breaks or gets damaged while loading is being conducted.