Learn more about moving to Colombia at this YouTube video.
Those interested in moving to Belgium, please watch this video. Here’s the source link.
Cool video here we came across on moving overseas internationally to Australia. YouTube link.
It is an exciting time; whether moving to attend a new school, a new job, to be with a loved one or maybe you are just looking for something new and ready to have a change of address. With this change, however, comes the need to hire a moving company to help you get your possessions from point A to point B, all in one piece.
Although it may seem simple enough to find professional movers there are few considerations you may want to take into account before you make your final decision. Here are some great tips to help you when hiring your next moving company.
- Do Some Research First
Luckily, plenty of people, including many you already know, have moved a time or two in their lives. That means that they have experience with moving companies and are likely willing to share their experience with you.
Talk to friends, ask for opinions in social media groups, and take a deeper look at any companies you see pop up more than once. Don’t forget to see if this company has a webpage and be sure to check it out. You can also check out the Better Business Bureau, where you can look up potential moving companies that aren’t legitimate.
Also, if you decide to go with a local moving company it is easier to do a reference check and have members of their team come over to see what needs to be moved as well as receive an accurate estimate. If a company won’t come by to see what needs to be moved then move on, so to speak, to another company.
If you can’t find a good company based on recommendations, check out the American Moving and Storage Association and see what pops up in your area.
- Consider the Cost
Moving costs money; between the cost of hiring a moving company, moving containers, storage, packing supplies you will want to be sure you are getting the best bang for your buck. To help with this, be sure to get an estimate from a few professional movers before you make your final decision.
Ask questions like:
- Do you provide packing services?
- If so, do you only move items you have packed yourself?
- What happens if your vehicle breaks down or gets caught up in traffic?
- Do you ever double book times or overlap in time with other customers?
- How many movers are on a team?
- What is your contingency plan for broken items?
Another consideration of cost will be if you need to rent a storage space. Options run from small to large, check out a site like Public Storage to see if this is something you need and something you can afford. They are located all across the country.
To see what the average cost is for a unit, again this will vary depending on where you live and perhaps even where you plan to move.
- Get it In Writing
A signed contract will include some key details:
- The name of the company, including address and contact information
- Itemized list of prices
- Description of services — what is and is not included
- The cost of said services and how you plan to pay
- The date and time for the services
- Address of the person to bill
- Address of where to ship the possessions
- Space for special instructions
- Date, invoice number, customer ID
Make sure that the majority of the above-mentioned details are included in your contract.
- Warning Signs
One of the quickest ways to know that a moving company is not for you is when you ask for a written contract and they won’t agree to provide one for you. Their name should be on the contract and this name should be the same name you hear when you call them and speak on the phone.
If they ask you to place a deposit, a rather large deposit, this is another sign that something isn’t right. To be safe, don’t pay in cash but rather use a credit card to help show proof of payment and don’t hire a company that only takes cash.
Ask the company for their state and federal license numbers, if they are not willing to share this with you, you can be sure they are trying to hide something. Federal law also requires the company to give you a booklet called “Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move”; this comes from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
- How Much Does It Cost?
The cost of hiring a moving company is not set in stone and will vary depending on where you live. However, if you would like to compare prices why not take a peek at Home Advisor to see the national average, typical range, and even look at moving companies within your zip code.
Moving can be stressful, and time-consuming, but by hiring a professional moving company you can take away a lot of the hassle that can come with the task. Be sure to do your research, get some great references, consider the costs, and have a signed contract and you’ll be at your new location with all of your possessions in one piece and have peace of mind.
Danielle thrives on researching and writing on all aspects of life. Further to writing for Zumper blog and personal finance, she is an advocate of self-improvement and living a life that is both financially responsible and knowledgeable. When she is not on her computer, she can be found spending time with her husband and two sons.
Moving can be a complicated process, particularly if you have a lot of things to take from one place to another. At first, you might be tempted to handle everything yourself, thinking that you can get things done with the help of your friends. However, you will probably end up with scratched furniture and a bad back, regretting having taken this decision in the first place. Professional movers can get the job done, quickly and efficiently. Keep on reading and discover more reasons for which hiring someone with experience makes more sense.
No risk of injuries
Moving heavy furniture is not a simple task to achieve. Whether we are talking about sofas, beds or any other kind of furniture, such a process involves a lot of physical effort. If you decide to ask your friends, all of you will risk getting hurt. When moving, the best decision is to get a professional team to help you out. They have both the practical experience and the right equipment for a no-injury moving process.
On the day of the actual move, you will have a lot of other things to handle. There are utility services to arrange, licenses to change and so on. In this situation, it makes sense to hire a team of professional movers. They will take care of everything, and you will have the necessary time to solve other tasks. Not to mention, a skilled team will get the job done in a shorter period than you would have managed.
As mentioned above, such specialists will come to your premises with the proper equipment. So, you will not have to worry about not finding a wrench to dismantle the furniture. When working a job, these guys will come with all the hand tools and any other additional pieces of equipment that might be necessary. Knowing that you won’t have to lift a finger, you will feel less stressed and able to enjoy your new place.
Perhaps this is a significant advantage to take into consideration. When you decide to choose a reputed company for the job, insurance will be a part of the package (for all your valuables). So, you see, even something breaks or becomes damaged during the moving process; you will get your money. Make sure to explore the insurance options and choose the one that suits your needs the most.
Safety & experience
Professional movers have both the necessary knowledge and training to ensure a smooth moving process. They are prepared to handle any challenge that might arise, showing efficiency no matter the location, weather elements or other influencing factors. Moreover, they can guarantee a safe move, knowing how to lift bulky items and what equipment is best suited to your case.
In conclusion, by deciding to hire a team of specialists, you will end up saving a lot of time, effort and money. These guys know how important it is for all your things to reach the new home in perfect condition, so you won’t have to worry about such matters. And, yes, they will finish the job faster.
Living in one place for a while usually means that you have managed to create a pile of items collected throughout the year. You may have started a collection of books or you may be passionate about something in particular, but you have collected these items and you have a place for them in your home. The items that you have collected over the years have made your home what it is. Every piece is what makes your home comfortable for you. From every piece of furniture to every appliance, you have to appreciate your collection. But now you need to move and what do you do with all that stuff you have collected all the years? Here are a few tips to help you determine what would work best for you.
- You can count on the expense of moving to cost you between $2,300 and $4,300. Moving companies will base their quotes on several different factors including how much goods you will need to move.
- Since moving more items will mean more money for you and the hassle of taking care to pack everything, you want to simplify before you move and that means to downsize immediately upon discovering that you are going to move.
- You should get rid of those household items you don’t want any more instead of keeping them for the future, just in case.
Choosing a moving company to move everything for you is the most important way to stay organized, keep everything separated per each room, and save yourself money. Go through your home and look around at your items and decide what you want to take and what you could leave behind. There are many ways to remove those items that you no longer need- donate, hold a yard/garage sale and earn some money for moving, or sale on consignment. The lesser items you move, the cheaper it is. Lessening the amount that you have to move will not only help your home clear up and make it easier to clean, but it will also reduce the amount of money when you get ready to move. It is best to get rid of the things that you do not intend taking to the new destination before you ask for a quote from the moving company. It would be more accurate and less than before. It will help you get an idea on how to budget your move with ease.
There is so many tasks that you have to do if you want to prepare for a move. While you may have an idea of how you want your move to go, you may find out that the actual act is nothing like what you imagined it. The whole relocation process can be the best thing you can do or it can be the worst thing, depending on who you are working with and what you have to do. It’s important that you find one of the best moving companies before you even start moving anything. You will need to pack up your home, your life. Now you will have someone helping you do that. The success of your new home will be determined by who well you organized your move.
Make the move seamless
You hope that you don’t run into any problems during your move and if you do, then you will need to make sure that you can deal with it. However, you can make this move a lot better for yourself if you hire the right professional moving company to assist. You can hire a group of friends to assist you with your move in hopes of saving yourself money however you may find that you have a stack of cardboard boxes that are mix matched and lots of stories to tell instead.
It is best to be organized when you start packing. Pack and label each box as per the room. Thus, it is best to pack each room before moving on to the next. Similarly, it would be much easier when you unpack as each room’s things would be unpacked in an organized way.
There is a certain way that if you unpack your boxes, you will know where everything is with a few organizational tips that have worked so well in the past. If you packed your boxes up quickly, you most likely will need a new system to unpack your boxes to ensure that everything goes in the right room. The only problem when you unpack is that it could take twice as much time to do what you need to get done. The length of time that it takes for you to unpack will depend on several factors; the number of boxes you had to move, the number of people helping you, whether it is professional movers or just friends, and the number of special items that you had to pack with special care.
Before you decide to conduct a residential move on your own, think about the difficulties that you will come across. People often assume that hiring a moving company is a waste of money. Little do they know, that it can cost you more to conduct a move on your own than it will hiring a company. Unless you already have a large trailer, all of the packaging supplies, and free help, moving is expensive to manage alone. Collect quotes by using the free quote calculators on the movers’ websites or by calling each one individually so you can get other details at the same time. Ask their customer service representatives any questions that you might have before deciding on whether or not to hire them for the job.
Save Money after Buying Moving Services
After hiring a mover in the Bay Area, start thinking of ways to save on the rest of the relocation. Pay attention to the following and try to utilize any of the advice pertinent to your move.
- Save newspapers, purchase Styrofoam plates, and save old blankets and clothes for packaging purposes.
- Try to find free help. For instance, ask a family member to babysit the kids, and find others willing to help you pack.
- Opt out of full packaging services and pack away your own belongings.
- Ask local businesses if they have any extra boxes to spare.
- Have a garage sale to earn money off of items you do not wish to relocate.
- Purchase insurance offered through the movers so that if something ends up damaged or lost, you do not have to repair or replace it with out of pocket cash.
- Purchase refreshments and snacks for the movers instead of tipping them
With all the services offered to those in the Bay Area, it’s no wonder it’s so easy to find reliable local moving services. Dang movers provide some of the most dependable services, making sure that their moving customers are provided with nothing but the best of care. It’s easier to take care of other matters when you have the experts handling your relocation.
What You’re Provided With When Professionals Are Hired
With a reliable moving company by your side, you can expect a quick, smooth relocation. Expect to benefit from professional moving services in ways such as:
- They will safely transport all property from one place to the next.
- They will have all of the right moving materials, equipment and tools.
- They will make sure that all floors, walls and possessions remain unharmed during the moving process.
- You can rest knowing your furniture is protected with a variety of high quality moving materials. Employees of the mover are highly trained in furniture moving.
- Movers come up with a plan for each customer based on the details of their relocation.
- Skilled movers are trained to avoid anything that may cause delay to the transport of your belongings.
- Insurance coverage is available to all moving customers. Most movers will have several insurance packages to cover different types of relocations.
- You can expect a low, all-inclusive flat rate quote.
Before you sign any documentation for a mover, make sure to read it word for word. Ask any questions that you might have and be sure that you take advantage of any services that you might need. Customer service will be more than willing to explain anything about the company and their services if you have any concerns.
It is always best to hire a mover with experience, a positive reputation, and the latest moving technology. Don’t go with the lowest quote you receive. This isn’t usually a wise decision and could end horribly. Always research the moving companies of interest online before calling them for quotes. Usually you can find a list of their services, information about their company, and up to date contact information. Don’t move to the Bay Area from Texas without qualified help.
Keep an Eye Open for the Right Characteristics
- BBB approved or can provide certification of authenticity
- Insurance packages are offered
- They have different services to help with all moving types
- They offer binding quotes at low flat rates
- The date you’d like to relocate is available
- As professionals, they own all the latest shipping technology, equipment and tools
- Customer service is able to provide insight on the moving process and how the company operates
After you have selected a company to go through, see what discounts you might qualify for and ask about insurance packages. It is always a good idea to purchase insurance through the movers so that your belongings are covered in the case of an accident.
After You Booked a Moving Date
- Keep all documents that have to do with moving together in a safe place. Use a folder or binder to place the Bill of Lading and other important documents safely with you.
- Try to rid of as many things as you can to lessen the amount of things that will need to be moved.
- Begin packing one room at a time. Mark all boxes clearly and do not overfill them.
- Create an inventory list and take pictures of certain items that you want to make sure don’t end harmed during the transport. This will help you prove whether or not the damage occurred during the move.
- Find someone to watch any kids or pets when the movers are expected to arrive.