Before you decide to conduct a residential move on your own, think about the difficulties that you will come across. People often assume that hiring a moving company is a waste of money. Little do they know, that it can cost you more to conduct a move on your own than it will hiring a company. Unless you already have a large trailer, all of the packaging supplies, and free help, moving is expensive to manage alone. Collect quotes by using the free quote calculators on the movers’ websites or by calling each one individually so you can get other details at the same time. Ask their customer service representatives any questions that you might have before deciding on whether or not to hire them for the job.
Save Money after Buying Moving Services
After hiring a mover in the Bay Area, start thinking of ways to save on the rest of the relocation. Pay attention to the following and try to utilize any of the advice pertinent to your move.
- Save newspapers, purchase Styrofoam plates, and save old blankets and clothes for packaging purposes.
- Try to find free help. For instance, ask a family member to babysit the kids, and find others willing to help you pack.
- Opt out of full packaging services and pack away your own belongings.
- Ask local businesses if they have any extra boxes to spare.
- Have a garage sale to earn money off of items you do not wish to relocate.
- Purchase insurance offered through the movers so that if something ends up damaged or lost, you do not have to repair or replace it with out of pocket cash.
- Purchase refreshments and snacks for the movers instead of tipping them