As an individual looking forward to relocation, it is extremely important that you take the time to hire the right moving company out of the Bay Area. Hiring a company without any recognition or licensing could lead to disastrous results and a substantial loss of money. Take the time to thoroughly research the movers nearest to you. Find a moving company with all the right moving and storage options, affordable rates and a reputation for great service.
How Do I Know They Are a Good Moving Company?
There are certain qualities that all professional moving companies should showcase. To assure that you hire the right moving company, look for the following characteristics. You may find this information on their websites or even by asking customer service questions while on the phone.
- All licensed moving companies are required to carry the minimum insurance coverage as according to the State of California.
- Movers should have BBB approval, US DOT certification and membership with the AMSA.
- They should have proven experience and history in the moving industry
- Various moving and storage services should be available to all customers
- They should have a positive reputation as seen through written reviews, ratings and testimonials online
- They should own latest moving equipment, technology and materials to assure a safe move
- You’ll notice they have friendly and helpful customer service representatives answering phones
- They’ll offer affordable rates and FREE estimates without asking for any money upfront for services
When you have found several local movers with the right qualities, write down the contact information found on their website. Go through the list and contact each mover to ask questions and receive quotes. Choose the mover that you feel you can trust with your belongings during the move. Don’t just hire anyone due to their lower rates or promises of a smooth move. Make sure they maintain the right qualities.
Once you find the right mover to hire, schedule with them immediately. It is always best to schedule your move at least 2 to 3 months in advance. This gives everyone including the customers and movers time to prepare for the big day. The packing process usually takes an entire month to be completed properly when it comes to the average size home.