The first night in your new home is usually a restless one. The house is empty, there’s not much to do, and you can’t help but feel alone in such open space. Luckily, we have some tips for our customers’ that we are certain will make the first night in their new place a pleasant one.
- Label boxes containing linens, pillows, an air mattress and other comforts so that you can find them easier.
- Bring candles, flashlights and even a portable radio unless you have already turned the electricity on.
- Pack a small personal bag for easy access to your necessities. This may include toiletries, makeup, clothes, shoes, first aid kit, medications, books or entertainment, phone chargers, and other similar items.
- Find local places where you can easily order food for delivery or pack food, paper plates and plastic utensils in boxes to bring along with you.
- Bring a cooler with drinks or a case of water bottles.
- Don’t get overwhelmed trying to unpack everything in the first night. It’s best to get a good night’s sleep before proceeding.
- Take all your cleaning supplies and materials with you so you have access to them right away. Your new home should be cleaned before your belongings arrive.
- If you own a pet, take all their belongings to the new home This may include their crate, food and water bowls, leash and collar, bed, toys, litter box, and medications.
Don’t let the first night in your new home be an uncomfortable experience. Unpack your bathroom and bedroom items once you get there if you were able to bring any of those items with you before the movers arrive with the rest of your stuff. This will immediately make your new home feel a little more comforting.
Remember, the first night in your new home may seem exciting but it is best to prepare for the lack of sleep you may very well endure. Empty houses aren’t the same as a home. They tend to be eerie and you’ll hear any little sound the house makes throughout the night. However, once the movers arrive with your belongings, you will see just how quickly the house truly becomes a home. The eeriness will dissipate and you’ll have the ability to enjoy your new surroundings.