Moving companies often offer office relocation services. A mover must be properly trained to specifically handle office moves. They will need to know how to safely transport office equipment and machinery, large furniture and fragile pieces often found in offices. This requires attention to detail and professionalism.
When you are ready to book a date for the office relocation, opt in for as many convenient services as your budget allows. For example, it is easiest to purchase full service packing. This means that the movers will come in ahead of the scheduled moving day and pack away all of the belongings in the office. They can even take down cubicles and reassemble them after the transport. As they pack everything away, they will mark all boxes legibly and take apart any office equipment that must be disassembled prior to the transport of the items.
Services for Office Relocation
- Crating and packing
- Cubicle installation
- E-crate rentals
- Furniture liquidation
- Pick-up and delivery
Your movers can help you in numerous ways all while getting your belongings from one location to the next. They aren’t just there to load and unload the trucks. You can opt in for other services and features as you feel necessary. For example, you can take advantage of the recycling services. If you have e-waste as most offices do, allow the movers to take care of it rather than trying to find someone who accepts such recyclables.
The movers also offer storage solutions. If there is anything that needs to be stored, allow the movers to do so. There are many wonderful services that come along with full office relocation services. Just make sure you inquire about all that is available as you are on the phone with the movers scheduling your moving date.
Not all movers will offer car shipping services. However, you will find that some do and this could be of great help to you during the moving process. Car shipping services are especially helpful to those with multiple vehicles that intend on moving a great distance away from their current home in the Bay Area. This allows them to ship to the vehicle or vehicles off with the moving company so that you don’t have to physically drive them to their new home. Not getting such services when you have multiple vehicles could end up costing you even more in fuel, hotels, food, and minor repairs along the way.
When you opt in for car shipping services, the movers will pick the automobiles up on the day of the scheduled move. They will use a car hauler that fits about ten to twelve vehicles at once, so shipping multiple vehicles at one time is never an issue. They will secure the vehicle safely to the hauler using their experience and knowledge in car shipping. Each one of them is professionally trained to safely secure the vehicles.
As the drivers are en route, they will pay close attention to weather and road conditions. They will avoid anything that could possibly cause any damage to the vehicle as their main goal is to get the car from one location to the next without causing it any damage. However, if something should occur and the vehicle ends up needing repairs due to the negligence of the car shipping process, insurance will cover it.
Every car shipping service is required to carry insurance coverage on the vehicles while they are in their care. As the owner, your car insurance policy will not cover the vehicle as it is in the hands of the professionals. Therefore, any repairs must be claimed with the insurance policy that the car shippers carry.
Under most circumstances, hiring a local mover to help you with relocation is a great idea. Having them do the work during the moving process will only make the entire situation less stressful on you. Professional movers are trained to properly handle and relocate your home’s possessions without causing them any harm. Let them take care of everything or you may end up with more stress than you bargained for.
8 Advantages of Hiring Professional Movers
- You will save money in most cases.
- Professionals have the training, tools and other materials necessary for a secure move.
- They will handle all of your home’s belongings with great care.
- They have insurance coverage during the moving process. Your homeowner’s insurance policy will not cover property in the midst a move.
- You can opt in for convenient services such as full service packing or other storage solutions.
- You will experience a lot less stress.
- You will have more time to prepare in other ways for the move.
- You will be doing your body good by refraining from moving stuff on your own. The professionals have tools to help them make lifting easier.
There is no doubt about it, hiring a mover for your residential relocation is a wise choice. It allows you to avoid added stress and costs. Not to mention, it allots you more time to focus on your daily endeavors and other matters having to do with the relocation. As soon as you schedule your residential move, start preparing for the big day. You will find that letting professionals care for the process after that is much smoother than attempting it on your own.
Commercial moving is a lengthy and tedious process, especially if you are relocating a large business or corporation. There are many facets that will need to be addressed for any commercial move, but a moving company with experience will be of great assistance. Trying to conduct a commercial move on your own will end up being more than you are capable of handling.
A mover that specializes in commercial moves will know how to relocate office equipment and large pieces of furniture without causing them damage. Not only will they have the proper tools to do so, but they will be capable of taking apart any pieces that may need it and then reassembling them when they are loaded into their new location.
There are many different things that a commercial mover can do for you. Their experience with moving office equipment and typical commercial property items will help them to serve you better.
What Commercial Moves Include
- Complete office relocation
- Crating and packing
- Cubicle installation
- E-crate rentals
- Furniture liquidation
- Pick-up and delivery
Those hired by moving companies are trained and skilled professionals that know how to successfully move commercial property. Nonetheless, movers till offer insurance coverage to their customers. The regular insurance policies that you might have, do not cover items that are off the property and in the care of the movers. That is why all moving companies are required to offer coverage. Just in case something ends up damaged or lost, the insurance policy through the movers will cover it. This is one of the main reasons why hiring a commercial mover is wise. Otherwise, you might end up stuck paying out of pocket for items that were lost or damaged during the relocation.
Preparing for moving day is one of the most important things that you can do on your end of the moving process. Even though it takes time out of your schedule, it will only make the moving process easier on all of those involved, including yourself. To avoid lost or damaged goods, or any issues at all, hire a reliable moving company for the job and immediately start preparing.
- Make a checklist. Refer to this list daily and cross of everything that you have gotten accomplished as you near the big day. The list can include anything and everything in regards to the moving process.
- Create a list of inventory. This can be per individual piece or a box count and furniture count. Whatever is easiest for you and what you feel most comfortable with doing.
- Have everything packed up and ready to go by the day of the scheduled move. Make sure every box is labeled clearly.
- Clean the house and make sure all entryways and pathways are free from clutter so that the movers aren’t presented with any obstacles.
- Make sure there is somewhere for the movers to park within close vicinity, preferably right next to the entrance. If they must park in the street or on public property, you may need a parking permit from the city.
- Have a babysitter prepared for moving day if you have any children or pets.
- Have cash on hand.
- Buy water and snacks for the movers if you have the means to do so. This will lift morale and help them to work more efficiently.
- Have extra packing supplies ready just in case a box breaks or gets damaged while loading is being conducted.
There are many different types of moves. However, every move is either local or long distance. Long distance moves are usually more detailed and will need to be regarded with organization and attention. Many movers specialize in long distance moves or offer services and features to make the process easier.
Making a residential or commercial move far away from where you are used to being located in the Bay Area might not have been something you had planned for. Nevertheless, the move must go on. Hiring a moving company is the best way to get this done efficiently. Otherwise, you could end up spending a ton of money and even end up with damaged or lost items during the transport. It is always best to find a mover that deals with long distance moves because they will have everything they need, the right tools, enough space, and enough help.
A long distance move operates similar to other moving types. The movers will come in and load the truck with all of your property. During this time, they usually create a list of inventory. Make sure that you compare your list to theirs. Get the driver’s contact information at this time too. It could become useful while they are en route to the next location.
While en route, you can usually use the moving company’s tracking services to monitor the progress of the driver. In most cases, a cross country move will take no more than two weeks. Make sure that you are present on the day the property arrives or that you have someone there to be responsible for the belongings as the movers move it all into their new home. Some movers will switch drivers or even trucks during the transport. While they are professionals, sometimes things can end up lost or damaged. Even though this isn’t typical, the insurance will cover anything that happens while your stuff is in the care of the moving company.
As you search around for a trustworthy and dependable moving company from the area, make sure that you are paying close attention to the moving services that they offer. Most movers will offer a variety of different services. This is because all moves are different. It is easier to offer such services so that those who have specific moving types can find a service geared towards their precise needs. Specific moves will call for special equipment and tools. The movers will bring along all that is necessary to get the move accomplished successfully without causing any harm to your property.
Types of Moving Services Typically Offered
- Long Distance Moves
- Commercial Moves
- Residential Moves
- Small Moves
- Full Service Packing
- Insurance Coverage
- Tracking Services
- Student Moves
- Military Moves
- E-Crate Rental
- Piano Moving
- Storage Solutions
- Office Relocation
As you can see, there are numerous different services and features to take advantage of. Some of them are mandatory while others are optional. Choose any that you feel will be a good fit for your situation and that fit into your budget. Just remember that all of these services are designed to make the moving process easier and safer.
Professional movers have everything they need to help you relocate. Moving is never an easy feat. It can be confusing, unorganized and stressful among other things. Even when you opt in for as many services as you can to make the workload easier on you, you still should try your best to stay on top of everything. Create a list of things to do and cross things off as you go along. Making an inventory list is also wise. This will help you after the property is off loaded into its new home. Go over the list and make sure everything made it home.
Whether you are moving down the street across town, or long distance, relocating can be a stressful experience filled with headaches if you have not properly prepared in advance. With a bit of planning, you won’t have to experience these issues. Here are some top moving tips for you to consider:
• Don’t procrastinate – Movers recommend you start getting rid of your unwanted items about 4 weeks out and then start packing 2 to 3 weeks ahead of the move.
• Create and organize a workstation – centralize the operation by designating a specific place out of heavily used areas where you keep all of your moving supplies (e.g. box cutter, boxes, labels, packing materials, scissors, and tape).
• Start by packing the least used items – this includes books, pictures and wall art, seasonal clothing. This will remove the clutter and leave space to pack the rest.
• Box items properly – the general rule of thumb is put heavier items in smaller boxes, lighter in larger boxes. Glassware and fragile goods need to be marked properly so they are loaded separately.
• Focus on packing up a single room at a time – stack your packed boxes against a designated wall so they are out of your way. Mark ach box as per the room so you can unpack it easily into the designated rooms in your new home.
• Avoid putting packing tape on painted wood or polished surfaces – packing tape is made with a strong adhesive which can ruin these surfaces when you are removing it
• Label each box according to the room packed in it – be sure that you list the contents on the box as this will make staging and unpacking those boxes easier at your destination. The more important or urgent items (alarm clocks, medications, valuables, etc.) should be packed in clearly marked, easy to identify boxes.
Do not pack any items that movers have categorized as “Non-Allowable.” This includes aerosols, charcoal lighter, cleaning solvents, fertilizers, fire extinguishers, fireworks, gasoline, kerosene, paint, paint thinner, pool chemicals, and propane tanks. They want your move to go as smoothly and safely as possible. You may discuss other aspects of the move with the moving company before the relocation. This will help you get the best service and be on the same page for a smooth transit and move.
If you are planning to hire a moving company in the San Francisco bay area, you need to ensure that you have all the information that prospective first-time customers will always ask. Here are some of the more commonly asked questions that people ask on a regular basis:
• At what point in the process should my move be scheduled? The sooner you have your move scheduled with the moving company, the better. Moving companies recommend a minimum of 2 to 3 weeks prior to your move so that you can be given the date you need.
• Will the company charge for overtime? Yes, they do. California state law requires that employees who work more than 8 consecutive hours be paid at a rate equal to 1.5 times their normal rate. However, overtime time charges do not apply when the move is calculated at a flat rate.
• How do I ready my appliances for the move? Make sure that your refrigerator has been totally defrosted and that your washing machine is completely drained before they are going to be loaded on the truck.
• Is the company fully insured and licensed? Most of the licensed movers always carry the proper amount of insurance coverage and will gladly provide proof when asked to do so. Furthermore, it is important to check that they are licensed with the state Department of Transportation and the Public Utilities Commission.
• What does moving cost? Local moves (within 100 miles of the origination point) are charged at an hourly rate. Long distance moves (over 100 miles) are charged at a flat rate.
• What insurance coverage does the company provide? Movers carry what is called limited liability insurance and it is the minimum amount that the state requires. You do not pay extra for this as it is included in the flat or hourly rate that you are charged.
Although these are the basics to know before hiring the moving service, you need to ensure that you get free quotes from at least 2-3 companies before shortlisting one of the moving companies. This will help you get the best price and get a chance to save on your move. Thus, call in and schedule an appointment with the movers to accurately evaluate your goods before giving a price.