Moving is a considered to be one of the most stressful things a person can do in their lives. If you have plans to move out of Menlo Park in the near future, consider hiring a moving professional. A professional moving company can make the moving process much less stressful and get the job done much faster than without one.
Moving companies can provide a number of useful services for their customers such as packing solutions, storage solutions and piano moving. A moving company will also be able to disassemble large items and reassemble them once they have arrived to their destination. Moving companies will also be able to provide insurance for your items so that in the event of an accident, you will be reimbursed.
When to Contact a Moving Company
The best time to get in touch with a moving company is at least six weeks prior to your move. You should also make sure to take inventory of everything in your home that you plan on transporting. You should also consider moving during the spring or fall because the summer months are the busiest.
How to Make Moving Less Stressful
- Make sure to pack all of your items in the right fashion in order to avoid a repack fee.
- Document the condition of all of the items that you plan on moving.
- Make sure all of your items are as close as possible to the moving truck to avoid a long-carry fee.
- Block off any rooms that you do not want the moving professionals entering.
- If you have small children, make sure that they are in a safe location away from the work zone.
- Pack an overnight bag which should include an extra pair of clothes and personal hygiene supplies.
How Do Moving Companies Charge for Their Services?
Moving companies will take weight and distance into consideration when calculating a price for your move. You can significantly reduce the cost of moving by holding a garage sale or donating items that you no longer have a use for. At any time during the moving process, you can request for a reweigh of your load.
Always make sure to be available on the day of delivery so that you can avoid paying for storage fees. If you take full advantage of a moving company, you will more than likely pay a much higher price than if you requested their standard services. To make sure you are paying a fair price for your move, make sure to contact more than just one moving company before you sign any contract.