It is always best to hire a mover with experience, a positive reputation, and the latest moving technology. Don’t go with the lowest quote you receive. This isn’t usually a wise decision and could end horribly. Always research the moving companies of interest online before calling them for quotes. Usually you can find a list of their services, information about their company, and up to date contact information. Don’t move to the Bay Area from Texas without qualified help.
Keep an Eye Open for the Right Characteristics
- BBB approved or can provide certification of authenticity
- Insurance packages are offered
- They have different services to help with all moving types
- They offer binding quotes at low flat rates
- The date you’d like to relocate is available
- As professionals, they own all the latest shipping technology, equipment and tools
- Customer service is able to provide insight on the moving process and how the company operates
After you have selected a company to go through, see what discounts you might qualify for and ask about insurance packages. It is always a good idea to purchase insurance through the movers so that your belongings are covered in the case of an accident.
After You Booked a Moving Date
- Keep all documents that have to do with moving together in a safe place. Use a folder or binder to place the Bill of Lading and other important documents safely with you.
- Try to rid of as many things as you can to lessen the amount of things that will need to be moved.
- Begin packing one room at a time. Mark all boxes clearly and do not overfill them.
- Create an inventory list and take pictures of certain items that you want to make sure don’t end harmed during the transport. This will help you prove whether or not the damage occurred during the move.
- Find someone to watch any kids or pets when the movers are expected to arrive.